What’s it all about?
In this workshop you will be learning how to use beads texture to create. You will learn how to make a French knot, turkey work, couching, drizzle and satin stitch to create texture in your stitch. You will also learn how to embellish your work with basic beading techniques. We will be working with a variety of threads including embroidery floss, metallic thread, cotton thread and wool yarns.
Everything you require will be provided for you, so come along and create something wonderfully original. Each participant will be given a piece of fabric and will have hoops, needles, threads and tools to use during the workshop.
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
What will we cover?
- How to prepare your fabric and embroidery thread,
- How to transfer a design onto your fabric,
- Textural surface stitches
- Basic beading techniques
- You will learn how to start creating your own motifs and start ‘playing’ with stitches.
- There will be samples and images of embroidery on textiles to study and inspire you.
What to bring
- Bring your enthusiasm 🙂