What’s it all about?
A relaxing session creating your own original piece of wall art. In this workshop you will learn how to create your own original piece of wall art. You will be sketching out your design on paper before transferring it onto backing fabric – bring along a piece of inspiration or wing it as you go. You will then use stitches to add colour and texture. This workshop will be filled with suggestions to help make stitching easy, fun and relaxing.
Everything you require will be provided for you, so come along and create something wonderfully original. Each participant will be given a piece of vintage linen fabric approx. 25cm x 25cm and will have hoops, needles, threads and tools to use during the workshop.
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
What will we cover?
- How to prepare your fabric and embroidery thread,
- How to transfer a design onto your fabric,
- Key surface stitches, including stem stitch, chain stitch, buttonhole stitch, back stitch, couching and French knots
- You will learn how to start creating your own motifs and start ‘playing’ with stitches.
- There will be samples and images of embroidery on textiles to study and inspire you.
What to bring
- Bring your enthusiasm 🙂