What’s it all about?
You will begin this workshop creating your own artwork on paper. We will then transfer this to backing fabric and go through the basics of applique using Bondaweb to add bold colour and pattern to your work. You will then be adding embroidery to create a truly individual piece of art.
Everything you require will be provided for you, so come along and create something wonderfully original. Each participant will be given a piece of fabric and will have hoops, needles, threads and tools to use during the workshop.
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
What will we cover?
- How to prepare your fabric and embroidery thread,
- How to transfer a design onto your fabric,
- A variety of stitches, including stem stitch, chain stitch, buttonhole stitch, back stitch, couching and French knots
- You will learn how to start creating your own motifs and start ‘playing’ with stitches.
- There will be samples and images of embroidery on textiles to study and inspire you.
What to bring
- Bring your enthusiasm 🙂