Work With Us
Monday 7 March 1030-1430
Tuesday 8 March 1030-1430
With new Artistic Director Antony Pitts in town, The Song Company is now inviting singers interested in working with us (who may or may not have sung with us in the past) to apply for an audition spot. Selected singers will be asked to bring along two or three solo works, and may be expected to sight-read various scores as part of singing with the ensemble. If you’d like to apply, please use the form below and submit a CV, or get in touch via email.
Call for Scores / Call for Audio
As part of its search for new and undiscovered Australian musical treasures, The Song Company is issuing a twofold Call for Scores / Call for Audio to coincide with the arrival of new Artistic Director, Antony Pitts. We’re particularly looking for settings of Shakespeare, and for works by or inspired by Indigenous Australians, to be programmed within the 2016 series of Subscription concerts Into Something…, but ideas related to any of the season’s programming or beyond it are all welcome. Don’t be shy – read the points below and send us whatever you think might work.
- Please read through the Into Something… brochure for guidance as to our thematic programming.
- There are no restrictions in terms of style or length, but scores should be suitable for performance by some or all of the Company’s vocal sextet (SSATBarB).
- In the case of audio recordings we are looking for material that can be used as part of a bigger program (with full acknowledgement and additional explanation).
- Both score and audio submissions must be fully cleared for use by The Song Company, and entering the Call indicates that permission is granted to perform the work.
- Works that the Company has previously performed are also welcome.
- The deadline for receiving sheet music and audio (digitally – as PDFs / MP3s) at The Song Company is as soon as possible, but we will continue to look at submissions throughout the year.
- Keep it short and focused – quality not quantity.
- Alongside these calls for musical material, The Song Company is also looking for emerging artists and composers to work alongside our main program with some rare opportunities for mentoring and mainstage performance in sight.
Call for Scores: https://www.dropbox.com/request/vRykNQOyrjkAgCmtgCxC
Call for Audio: https://www.dropbox.com/request/nRncvuvq6nJr1EmkJTct
Alongside these strands is our ongoing offer to work with musicologists around the world on new discoveries of mediaeval and Renaissance music. So Old, It’s New! is a channel for collaborating with scholars who are uncovering old and very old music all the time and want to hear it sung – The Song Company plans to workshop some of these new (or long-ignored) discoveries, ideally in collaboration over a video link; and the pieces that work really well we can also insert into some of our many live recitals. Get in touch with new or unfinished transcriptions and editions that you’d like us to look at, or even the sources themselves (if you think we can read them).
So Old, It’s New!: https://www.dropbox.com/request/HHBYk3fcQPEerL7hydij
Go to www.songcompany.com.au for more information
The post Work with Song Company appeared first on Creative Moreland.
You must log in to post a comment.