The Australian Artists’ Grant has been initiated by NAVA to assist professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners to produce, present and promote their work throughout Australia and overseas.
This grant provides assistance towards the costs of:
- Production of new creative work
- Presentation of work in a venue
- Residencies involving the production of new work/ presentation of new work
- Production and distribution of an artist’s publication or portfolio
- Setting up a website, preparing a publicity campaign
Funding Available: Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $500 + GST. Group applications are eligible to apply for funding of up to $1,000 + GST. An individual exhibiting in a group show can apply for individual funding, but the assessors may choose to limit the funds going to any one exhibition.
Important Dates: This grant operates in quarterly rounds. Applications for the next round close at 23:59 AEST Saturday 14 May 2016. Funds from this round can be used for projects or exhibitions taking place in July, August, September, October 2016 only.