Want to add some sparkle to your life? Love a bit of bling? Then come along to this fun workshop of slow sewing and learn hand stitching techniques with lots of creative possibilities for embellishing, repairing & enhancing your clothes using metallic thread and fabric . Stitching is a great life skill which can save you money, save your clothes and reduce your impact on the environment!
Join the sustainable fashion revolution – We need to buy less, buy better and keep asking questions about the realities behind what we’re purchasing. We need to love the clothes we already own more and work harder to make them last.
This workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers. See the workshop date page or use the contact form to register for the next workshop or to arrange a date if there are a few of you interested.
Metallic threads and fabrics along with some other tools and materials will be provided along with a handout of stitches.
What to bring:
- A garment that needs repairing or embellishing,
- Any fun fabrics you have for reconstruction, applique or patching, ,
- Any thread you would like to use to add bling (embroidery thread, yarn, wool, etc),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Your imagination and enthusiasm