A workshop of painting and embellishing to create new possibilities for your clothes
A workshop designed to address the 6,000 kilograms of used but still wearable clothing that goes into Australian landfill every 10 minutes by getting you to hold on to them for at least 9 months longer reducing the water, waste and carbon footprint by up to 30%.
Refurbishing the clothes your already own enables you to express creativity and individuality whilst reducing your impact on the environment! We will be using various forms of fabric paints and stencils to create your own individual design in the morning. We will then have a break for lunch to allow the paint to dry. We will then be continuing in the afternoon to embellish your clothes. You will be able to choose to use embroidery, sequins, buttons and other embellishments.
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers. See the workshop date page or use the contact form to register for the next workshop or to arrange a date if there are a few of you interested.
Paints, brushes, embellishments, threads and other materials will be provided.
What to bring:
- Garments (jeans, shirts, jumpers) or home textiles (tea towel or tablecloth) that have rips or holes that needs repairing,
- Any fabrics applique or patching,
- Embellishments (buttons, patches, etc),
- Any thread you would like to use (embroidery thread, yarn, wool, etc),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Your imagination and enthusiasm