Interested in learning the art of hand embroidery? Would you like to embellish your clothes and home with your own hand embroidery like those you see on Instagram?
This beginner hand embroidery workshop gives you all the introductory skills to be stitching your own designs. You will be introduced to many easy and decorative stitches to embroider.
During the workshop you will be working on a simple embroidery sampler design created for the workshop or you can create your own design if you prefer. This workshop is suitable for a beginner or for those who wish to refresh their embroidery skills. It covers the basics of embroidery, including a great variety of hand embroidery stitches and techniques.
Go to the Workshops page to book in! Or use the contact form to register for future workshops or to discuss times and dates convenient to you for groups interested in booking a workshop.
We Will Cover:
- Preparing your fabric and embroidery thread
- Transferring a design onto your fabric
- Key surface stitches, including stem stitch, chain stitch, buttonhole stitch, satin stitch, couching, French knots and spider wheels
- Learn how to ‘play’ with stitches. You will learn to create a petal stitch by combining a stem stitch and chain stitch, use a satin stitch for shading and how to start creating your own motifs.
- There will be samples and images of embroidery on textiles to study and inspire you.
A Beginner embroidery kit is provided as part of the workshop with all the things you will need ($35.00 value). The kit includes:
- Storage case
- A 16cm hoop frame
- DMC threads in 7 colours
- A pair of small, sharp scissors