Come along and learn to create freehand machine embroidered pictures with free machine embroidery. Make your picture small or large – they create a wonderful framed picture or amazing card inserts. A great way to develop your creativity, relax and have fun! Participants will learn how to use free machine embroidery to create a series of pieces from photographs or sketches which could be used as cards, framed or kept as a resource for future reference. This workshop is suitable for all levels even if you have never sewn on a domestic sewing machine before. This workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
Go to the Workshops page to book in! Or use the contact form to register for future workshops or to discuss times and dates convenient to you for groups interested in booking a workshop.
Some tools and materials will be provided .
What to bring:
- Sewing machine serviced/in good working order,
- All feet (darning or free motion embroidery, as well as normal sewing foot), accessories, manual & extension table. For free motion embroidery, you will need to know how to lower, or on some models, cover the feed teeth. Please refer to your machine manual or contact your dealer,
- Spare needles and extra bobbins,
- A picture or two you would like to recreate in stitch,
- Any special thread you would like to try to use (machine embroidery thread will be provided),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Note book and pen
- Your imagination and enthusiasm