Calling all knitters! You are invited to knit for this exciting large-scale, community textile art project. All you have to do to get involved is to knit one or more of the WARM pattern pieces, and send them to us.
As the project progresses, we will do a call out through facebook and knitting groups if we need more of any particular pieces. You can keep an eye on our facebook page by clicking here.
How to get involved:
- Choose one or more WARM patterns that you would like to knit. Individual patterns or the whole beautiful WARM pattern e-book can be downloaded – click on the ‘WARM Patterns Available’ button at the bottom of this page. Hardcopy pattern books can be purchased at the Art Gallery of Ballarat, or via Paypal, by clicking on the ‘Buy Now’ button on the bottom of the page.
- Find some wool that matches the colour sample in the pattern. See Yarn selection guidelines.
- Start knitting. You can do this on your own, or you can join a workshop in your area to learn more about the stitches and techniques in these patterns. See the WARM workshops page for details.
- Download, print and fill out the ‘WARM contributor info’ as a Word document or PDF.
- Send your completed work with the form to SEAM Inc, Verity Higgins, PO Box 56BK, Black Hill, Victoria 3350 or drop it into The Wool Museum Geelong or Art Gallery of Ballarat.
We need completed work by Friday, 12th August.
- Don’t forget to tell your friends about the project. The more knitters we have, the better!
We would also love you to Join us for the exhibition launch at the Ballarat Art Gallery on September 3rd, 2016.