Have you been looking at the many images of sashiko style mending on Instagram or elsewhere and are now ready to give it a go? This kit is made up of tools that I use in my own practice, and everything you will need to get started, just add a pair of scissors!
The pouches are designed by me and created using the waste tops of jeans from which the legs have been used for creating patches for various repairs or for the kits themselves.
- An original one-of-a-kind denim pouch measuring approx 21cm x 25cm
- One 100m skein of 100% cotton Sashiko thread – white
- One packet of Clover Sashiko needles
- One leather Sashiko thimble
- One white fabric marking pencil
- Six quilting safety pins for securing patches whilst sewing
- Eight fabric patches including vintage fabrics measuring approx 16cm x 21cm in various weights and colours
- Instruction booklet including ideas and six traditional Sashiko patterns