Come along and learn to create freehand machine embroidered pictures using water colours, fabric scraps and machine embroidery. Make your picture small or large – they create a wonderful framed picture or amazing card inserts. A great way to develop your creativity, relax and have fun! Participants will create a series of pieces which could be used as cards, framed or kept as a resource for future reference. This workshop is suitable for all levels even if you have never sewn before.
This workshop runs for a full day and is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers. Men are encouraged to attend! Use the contact form to register for the next workshop or to arrange a date if there are four or more of you interested.
Some tools and materials will be provided .
What to bring:
- Sewing machine serviced/in good working order,
- All feet (darning or free motion embroidery, as well as normal sewing foot), accessories, manual & extension table. For free motion embroidery, you will need to know how to lower, or on some models, cover the feed teeth. Please refer to your machine manual or contact your dealer,
- Spare needles and extra bobbins,
- A picture or two you would like to recreate in stitch,
- Any special thread you would like to try to use (machine embroidery thread will be provided),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Note book and pen
- Your imagination and enthusiasm