Date(s) - 11/08/2019
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Learn to mend and embellish your clothes.
Come along to a relaxing and fun series of two workshops and learn how to make the clothes you love last. You will learn to repair and embellish your clothing making them a delight to wear again.
Week one you will learn how to use
- appliqué and
Week two we will cover
- darning and
- needle felting
Stitching is a great life skill which can save you money, save your clothes and reduce your impact on the environment! You will learn some hand stitching techniques that offer lots of creative possibilities for repairing & enhancing your clothes and household textiles.
The two workshops run Sunday 11 and Sunday 18 August from 2.00pm – 5.30pm – you can come along for one or both. Workshops are $95.00 each or $180 for both.
The workshops are suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers and are running as part of the Craft Cubed Festival of Handmade.
Some tools and materials will be provided along with a handout for further repair projects.
What to bring:
- Garments (jeans, shirts, jumpers) or home textiles (tea towel or tablecloth) that have rips or holes that needs repairing,
- Any fabrics for reconstruction, applique or patching,
- Embellishments (buttons, patches, etc),
- Any thread you would like to use (embroidery thread, yarn, wool, etc),
- Personal sewing kit (scissors, pins and needles)
- Your imagination and enthusiasm
Think Thornbury – 800 High Street, Thornbury